Microdermabrasion Skin Treatment:
The Benefits :
- Skin rejuvenation and Skin Corrective benefits , Skin may become noticeably smoother even after one treatment and better absorb moisturizers.
- Help improve the skin appearance by reducing fine lines, early sun damage, and mild, shallowacne marks.
- Non-invasive treatment ,can be combined with microdermabrasion with topicals, such as antioxidants and been found to produce greater results.
- Virtually no downtime and after treatment can return to regular activities the same day, also called “Lunch Time Peel”.
- Helps to gently exfoliate surface layers of skin using abrasion and suction.
- Microdermabrasion can achieve dramatic results, but it is highly dependent on the skill and experience of the esthetician.
- For the best results, it is generally recommended get a series of treatments.Based on skin type and condition recommended for six treatments about 10 to 14 days apart.
- Machine can be adjusted depending on skin type and condition, even people with sensitive skin can get a treatment.
- It takes about 30 minutes to 60 Minutes session depending on skin condition and there’s no down-time for the skin to recover.
After Treatment Care:
- Be careful with your skin a few days after the microdermabrasion treatment: don’t do vigorous exercise and don’t expose your skin to the sun extensively. Wear a gentle physical sunscreen, even if its a cloudy day.
- Use it with topicals, such as antioxidants and been found to produce greater results.
How Microdermabrasion Works:
Microdermabrasion is a process of sand-blasting the skin using a controlled flow of microcrystals. In essence, it is a mild-to-moderate mechanical peel performed using a stream of fine crystals.
The crystal microdermabrasion device consists of a compressor that draws in air through a hand-held wand. When the wand touches the skin, a vacuum is created. Aluminum oxide crystals, also known as corundum (the second-hardest mineral next to diamonds) blast across the skin’s surface, picking up dead surface skin cells along the way. The crystals and dead skin cells are quickly sucked up through a different tube in the same wand and go to a disposal bag.
The depth of exfoliation is controlled by the strength of the vacuum and crystal flow, which is determined by esthetician. He or she makes two passes over your skin, sometimes a third if your skin is thick enough or if there is an area that needs special attention, like a scar or brown spot.