Microdermabrasion Skin Treatment:
How Microdermabrasion Works?
Microdermabrasion is a process of sand-blasting the skin using a controlled flow of micro-crystals. In essence, it is a mild-to-moderate mechanical peel performed using a stream of fine crystals.
The crystal microdermabrasion device consists of a compressor that draws in air through a hand-held wand. When the wand touches the skin, a vacuum is created. Aluminum oxide crystals, also known as corundum (the second-hardest mineral next to diamonds) blasts across the skin’s surface, picking up dead surface skin cells along the way. The crystals and dead skin cells are quickly sucked up through a different tube in the same wand and goes to a disposal bag.
The depth of exfoliation is controlled by the strength of the vacuum and crystal flow, which is determined by an esthetician. He or she makes two passes over your skin, sometimes a third if your skin is thick enough, or if there is an area that needs special attention, like a scar or brown spot.
How Much Does a Microdermabrasion with Facial Cost?
Cost can vary with the individualized treatment, the Microdermabrasion with Facial starts from $110.
The Benefits :
- Provides skin rejuvenation and skin corrective benefits. The skin may become noticeably smoother even after one treatment and will better absorb moisturizers.
- Helps improve the skin's appearance by reducing fine lines, early sun damage, and mild, shallow acne marks.
- A non-invasive treatment that can be combined with topicals, such as antioxidants which has been found to produce greater results.
- Virtually no downtime and after treatment can return to regular activities the same day, also called “Lunch Time Peel”.
- Helps to gently exfoliate surface layers of the skin using abrasion and suction.
- Microdermabrasion can achieve dramatic results, but it is highly dependent on the skill and experience of the esthetician.
- For the best results, it is generally recommended to get a series of treatments. Based on the skin type and skin condition, usually six treatments about 10 to 14 days apart are recommended.
- The machine can be adjusted depending on the skin type and condition, even people with sensitive skin can get a treatment.
- It takes about 30 minutes to 60 Minutes a session depending on the skin condition and there’s no down-time for the skin to recover.
After Treatment Care:
- Be careful with your skin a few days after the microdermabrasion treatment: don’t do vigorous exercise and don’t expose your skin to the sun extensively. Wear a gentle physical sunscreen, even if it's a cloudy day.
- Use topicals, such as antioxidants which has been found to produce greater results.