So you’re considering your first facial at Refined Beauty Day Spa. You have no idea what to expect, but you want a beautiful, glowing face when it’s all said and done.
You probably know someone who’s received a facial or read about it in the latest beauty magazine. And now you’d like to book one for yourself.
But “ahhh, so much to ask!” It’s typical to be curious, excited, and a bit apprehensive before getting a facial. You may have a dozen questions like, “Will my facial hurt?” “What even happens in a facial?” “How long will it take?”
Keep reading as we answer your questions below. We’ll provide you with everything you need to know about what to expect during a facial at Refined Beauty Day Spa.
- Show Us Your Face
- Facials are a great way to treat problematic skin. Adding a facial to your skincare routine will help your skin look and feel healthier. The first thing you can expect before or after making an appointment is a consultation.
- A licensed esthetician at Refined Beauty Day Spa will take a look at your face (for free) to determine which facial is best. Our facials range from organic, teen, European, express, deep pore cleansing detox, and more. You also have the choice of a customized facial to treat your specific skin concerns like blackheads, dark spots, wrinkles, pimples, or acne.
- Facials typically take an hour. If you don’t have the time for a full hour, we offer mini facials (perfect for the busy person who wants to squeeze in a quick beauty session).
8-Step Facial Routine
Eight essential steps make up any facial: cleansing, toning, steaming, exfoliation, extraction, mask, massage, and facial moisturizer.
- Cleanse – In the cleansing stage, your Refined Beauty Day Spa esthetician will remove any makeup, product, or dirt from your skin to ensure your skin is spotless. This will provide another opportunity for a closer look at your skin, where we will re-confirm the correct facial for you.
- Tone – You may not realize that your skin’s pH balance is off after cleaning your face. In this step, the toner is used, after a facial cleanse, to rebalance the skin’s pH level.
- Steam – This relaxing step requires warm steam to be applied to your face by use of a moist towel. The steam will allow for the muscles in your face to loosen up. It also weakens any blackheads or whiteheads.
- Exfoliation – An exfoliation product (scrub, mask, peel) is applied to your face and massaged in. This stage helps remove dead skin cells and makes your skin tone brighter.
- Extraction – All previous steps have prepared you for the extraction. (It may cause some discomfort but should not be too painful since the skin is now loosened up.) In this step, a magnifying glass and lamp are used to analyse your skin. Next, the extraction of any pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads begins.
- Mask– The facial mask applied is to treat your specific skin concern. After the steaming and extraction, which can cause dry skin, the mask will also add nourishment and moisture back into your skin.
- Massage – This step helps stimulate your face muscles and increase blood circulation. Depending on which facial you receive, either lotion or oil will be used during the facial massage.
- Moisture & Sunblock– Your new fresh skin is here! It’s time to protect it and lock in moisture. So, the last step is a facial moisturizer, serum, or sunblock used to soothe, protect, and rehydrate the skin.
Make the Call
- By now, you should know what to expect when you book a facial appointment with Refined Beauty Day Spa in Coral Springs. We’re the skin experts hundreds of people trust to help them achieve glowing, new skin, and we’d love to help you too.
- We understand that having a good experience increases your chance of returning for another facial. This is why we work closely with you to understand your skin concerns and offer the right treatment.
- When you choose our Coral Springs spa, you’re getting a team of licensed professionals with years of experience. If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 954-753-8800.